NIHSA coordinates the charter of 25- to 40-foot boats from a variety of locations on the Chesapeake Bay. The cruises last from two to four days. Members who own their own cruising boats also participate in club cruises. The annual Memorial Day and Columbus Day weekend cruises on the Chesapeake are highlights of the Club’s calendar. Club members who would like to crew on club cruises can contact the NIHSA Cruising Chairman to get their name on a crew list.
Also, members interested in cruising should get to know the cruising skippers by participating in club events, such as boat maintenance sessions and social gatherings.
2018 Cruising Calendar
- Memorial Day Cruise – Saturday-Monday, May 26-28
- July 4 Cruise – Saturday-Sunday, June 30 to July 1
- Labor Day Cruise – Saturday-Monday, September 1-3
- Columbus Day Cruise – Saturday-Monday, October 6-8
- Veteran's Day Cruise – Saturday-Monday, November 10-12